Last time, it was a game full of buying and close calls, with Frank "just" making it at the end. And right now, he needs another $105 to purchase a $16,999 Sea Doo.
Or will Greg's second chance at $ale glory pay off?
I'm Brendan Richards, and this is $ale of the Century.
And what a game it was last time - Frank had buzzed in only four times during the whole game, but it was enough for you to win that game. I should also mention you were technically in the "champion's" seat, so this time it's for real. What did you think of that last game?
Now, I mentioned our challenger Greg going for a second chance; in our previous game (when Frank played against Greg and James), there were technical issues on Greg and James's answer submissions for the final question which I did not resolve correctly, so I thought it would be fair to re-invite them when they were available. (James will be back with us in a future episode).
Well, I think if it weren't for the final question and for my negotiations, James would've won that one more easily. I'm satisfied with the cash and prizes I've won so far, and I'm back for more. Thank you for inviting me back.
And Frank, if it should ever benefit me, I'd be glad to put my services to work for you.
I'm sure we'll throw something into the mix eventually.
So we'll start you off with $20 each; first set of questions will be $5 each.
Greg: $20 Frank: $20
And we're off.
1. What type of confectionery shares its name with a late-1960s pop music genre? 2. What word beginning with “M” is the British equivalent of an American “freeway”? 3. Colloquially, to be ungrateful for someone who has offered help is to “bite the WHAT that feeds you”? 4. A biennial plant has a life cycle of how many years? 5. In what continent is the NATO headquarters currently located? 6. For what 1997 film did Robin Williams win the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor?
1. What type of confectionery shares its name with a late-1960s pop music genre? (BUZZCODE: 69) * Frank buzzes in - 97 * FRANK: Salsa Good guess, but Salsa isn't a type of confectionery; we needed Bubblegum.
Greg: $20 Frank: $15
2. What word beginning with “M” is the British equivalent of an American “freeway”? (BUZZCODE: 87) * Greg buzzes in - 67 * GREG: Motorway Yes, and you're off the mark.
Greg: $25 Frank: $15
3. Colloquially, to be ungrateful for someone who has offered help is to “bite the WHAT that feeds you”? (BUZZCODE: 5) * Greg buzzes in - 36 * GREG: Hand Yes, and that's $5 more for you.
Greg: $30 Frank: $15
4. A biennial plant has a life cycle of how many years? (BUZZCODE: 100) * Greg buzzes in - 36 * GREG: Two. Two is right.
Greg: $35 Frank: $15
Greg, you're now on $35, so you can play for our first Gift Shop.
It's a Himo C26 Electric Bike, which has both mechanical and hybrid riding modes. The bike can easily accelerate to 15 miles per hour with its 250-watt motor, and its battery can provide up to 62 miles on a single charge. The normal full price is $1,799, but can be yours for just $5 from Himo and Sale of the Century.
Greg - Have a good think about this; you could easily ride this bike anywhere around town. And you're only $20 ahead of Frank, so you can easily buy this for the value of just one question.
Mandoli: PSA to any potential newcomers: If you make an account, please be patient. We're manually approving accounts. Do not make a second account, because #2 won't be approved.
Sept 6, 2021 14:54:04 GMT -5
Mandoli: If I'm supposed to get a third shot, then let me have it at the first chance I'm allowed to get it.
Aug 28, 2021 8:39:30 GMT -5
gameshowmaniac: now of course the "powers that be" are suggesting a 3rd shot.
Aug 19, 2021 21:48:59 GMT -5
Mandoli: Please don't duplicate threads or put something that's already in an AP thread in its own thread. Thank you.
Aug 12, 2021 12:30:12 GMT -5
dare2be: Just saw this latest discussion. My wife and son both had 2 days of fever of about 100 and body aches/fatigue on 2nd shot. I just had a little fatigue (felt like a cement mannequin), but no fever. Moderna back in April/May
Jul 30, 2021 7:19:43 GMT -5
wildjackmonroe: It's funny; I did all of this major house cleaning and stuff for the week early, expecting I'd be out of it for a couple days after my second vaccine shot, but I didn't have anything else but a sore arm like the first time.
Jul 24, 2021 19:49:52 GMT -5
gameshowmaniac: @mandoli someone I know had pain in the opposite arm that was jabbed. weird
Jul 24, 2021 18:10:20 GMT -5
gameshowmaniac: well the dating game killer has finally passed
Jul 24, 2021 18:09:30 GMT -5
rewindium: Sore arm and some fatigue but nothing like a fever or other major effects and didn’t have to take any pain relief. Glad to be added to the second dose statistic which today is 62% for my province
Jul 24, 2021 15:07:47 GMT -5
Mandoli: On another note, you might not. My brother didn't have any side effects of shot #2.
Jul 24, 2021 11:32:18 GMT -5